Online Auction For 2023
For the women’s and men’s races, additional race spots are offered through an online auction on May 1. There is no auction for the juniors race.
The Online Auction Process
On May 1, three race slots will be auctioned for both the men’s and women’s races in a live online auction on Zoom. These are intended to give an opportunity for Alaskans or out-of-staters who require more planning than the July 3 auction to lock in a spot more than two months before race day.
When: 5:30 p.m. Alaska Time on Monday, May 1
Number of available spots: 3 men’s priority spots and 3 women’s priority spots
Minimum bid: $200 for men and $200 for women
Minimum bid increments: $50
Zoom Link: Click HERE
Auction rules and instructions:
- Each participant must be set up to join a Zoom meeting (those lacking the technology or knowledge should join a friend’s or family member’s account).
- Participants are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to join on a desktop computer or laptop with an Internet plan as opposed to a mobile phone that uses a data plan. The auction is much better viewed on a computer. Also, being perfectly synched with the auctioneer’s voice for bidding purposes is more likely achieved on a computer.
- The Zoom site will open at 5 p.m. on Monday, May 1 (30 minutes before the auction starts) to allow participants time for testing their technology. The actual auction will start at 5:30 p.m. SHARP.
- The Seward Chamber of Commerce is not responsible for anyone whose bids fail to come through promptly due to connectivity issues or other technological problems.
- Use Gallery view; this will enable participants to see the auctioneer and other contestants.
- Participants will be muted by the auctioneer.
- All bidding must be done through the chat function (test the chat when you join by posting your name and location)
- Each winning bidder must text their name and phone number to 907-529-4178. Organizers will follow up shortly after the auction ends for credit card payment in full.
- Auctions winners who have never entered the lottery will receive a registration link to get them added to the MMR database and entered for 2023.
- Auction winners will be “priority” entrants in 2023, meaning they can requalify through the Top 50 Percent in Age Group Rule.
- The race director will determine auction winners’ bib and wave assignments.
- Those who fail to win an online auction spot have a final chance for entry at the in-person auction at 6 p.m. July 3 at Seward High School. Seven men’s and seven women’s spots will be auctioned then.