Due to the 2020 race not being held as a result of COVID-19, the following changes for 2021 registration have been implemented by the race committee, outlined below.
Also, please be sure to review again, the 2020 Rule Changes announced last year!
Registration Changes for 2021
Info for Priority status registrants
- No priority status registrations will be accepted in 2021.
- The 2020 race roster was frozen, and rolled over to the 2021 roster.
Info for those listed on the 2021 Race Roster
- All racers on the 2021 roster must either 1) confirm their intention to race on July 7, 2) defer to 2022 (no reason or documentation required for approval, this year only), or 3) relinquish their spot in the 2021 race.
- Racers on the 2021 roster who confirm to race in 2021 will NOT be charged a registration fee.
- A link for those on the 2021 race roster to confirm, defer to 2022 or relinquish will be delivered by email, to the address used for 2020 registration on February 28, 2021 at 8:00 pm. Please check your email, and your Spam folder.
- The 2021 race spot of any racer who fails to complete this process during the designated time period, for any reason, will be relinquished.
- Racers who choose to relinquish their spot in the 2021 race are subject to all existing registration rules – be sure you understand how the decision will impact you individually. The status of priority registrants who hold 10-year status, and past race winners would not be impacted.
- Confirmations, deferrals or relinquishments made by mail, phone, email or any other communication method are not valid.
- Juniors who have aged in to the 2021 men’s or women’s races are required to pay the $50 difference between the junior and adult fees (watch your email for an invoice from Mount Marathon Race)
Info for adult race Lottery applicants
- No men’s or women’s race lottery applications will be taken in 2021.
Info for junior race Lottery applicants
- Junior race lottery applications (to fill the spots available by juniors aging into the adult races) will be taken between March 1 and 15 only.
- The regular junior race lottery application fee, and additional payment for lottery winners, will apply.