Live Online Auction is May 31 on Zoom!
On May 31, three race slots will be auctioned for both the men’s and women’s races in a live online auction on Zoom. These are intended to give an opportunity for Alaskans or out-of-staters who require more planning than the July 3 auction to lock in a spot more than a month before race day.
When: 5:30 p.m. Alaska Time on Tuesday, May 31
Number of available spots: 3 men’s priority spots and 3 women’s priority spots
Minimum bid: $500 for men and $250 for women
Minimum bid increments: $50
Meeting ID: 880 3958 5016; Passcode: 482767
Auction rules and instructions:
- Each participant must be set up to join a Zoom meeting (those lacking the technology or knowledge should join a friend’s or family member’s account)
- Participants are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to join on a desktop computer or laptop with an Internet plan as opposed to a mobile phone that uses a data plan. The auction is much better viewed on a computer. Also, being perfectly synched with the auctioneer’s voice for bidding purposes is more likely achieved on a computer.
- The Zoom site will open at 5 p.m. May 31 (30 minutes before the auction starts) to allow participants time for testing their technology.
- The Seward Chamber of Commerce is not responsible for anyone whose bids fail to come through promptly due to connectivity issues or other technological problems.
- Use Gallery view; this will enable participants to see the auctioneer and other participants
- Participants will be muted by the auctioneer
- All bidding must be done through the chat function (test the chat when you join by posting your name and location)
- Each winning bidder will immediately be directed to a Zoom “breakout room” for credit card payment in full. Those who have never entered the lottery will receive a registration link to get them added to the MMR database and entered for 2022.
- Auction winners will be “priority” entrants in 2022, meaning they can requalify through the Top 50 Percent in Age Group Rule.
- The race director will determine auction winners’ bib and wave assignments.
- Those who fail to win an online auction spot have another chance for entry at the in-person auction at 6 p.m. July 3 at Seward High School. Seven men’s and seven women’s spots will be auctioned then.