All racers must meet the following cutoff times to earn an official race finish:
- Adult racers must cross the Junior Race Point (1/2 way up the mountain) within one hour (60 minutes) of their start time and must complete the race within 2.5 hours.
- Junior racers who do not meet the following cutoff times will be turned around by a volunteer, have their parents contacted, and be escorted to the finish to meet their parents.
– within 10 minutes, cross the gate by the picnic benches on Lowell Canyon Road
– within 30 minutes, cross through Squirrels’ Inn (the unmarked “Beeline Route” is off-limits because it bypasses Squirrels’ Inn)
- Juniors must complete the race in 1.5 hours.
Any racer who continues on the race course after missing a cutoff time on the mountain may be disqualified from entering future Mount Marathon races.