We couldn’t host the Mount Marathon Race without volunteers! It’s a fun way to give back to the race and help it succeed — plus you get a sweet volunteer t-shirt and our everlasting gratitude!
Each year, we recruit hundreds of volunteers for a variety of positions in town and on the mountain. For 2023, the majority of duties will be on the evening of Sunday, July 3 and all day on Monday, July 4.
As the race approaches, a SignUp Genius link will be posted on this page for volunteers to view and sign up for all sorts of positions.
HERE IS THE VOLUNTEER SIGNUP LINK!
Volunteer for …
- Course set-up and take down
- Racer check-in
- Bib pick-up
- Downtown traffic/vehicle control
- Downtown crowd control
- On-mountain recording of bib numbers
- On-mountain crowd control at halfway point and summit
- Trail Sweeping
- Finisher t-shirt and patch distribution
- And more
- Those with extensive medical experience and training and good fitness may contact Mountain Safety Director Joe Fong at email@example.com to inquire about joining his crew.
Things to Consider Before Choosing
- Are you also racing? When is your race scheduled this year?
- Are there specific jobs you’d prefer?
- Do you prefer an indoors or outdoors position?
- Are you willing and able to climb halfway or all the way up the mountain to do timing/crowd control?
How do I sign up?
Scan our SignUp Genius listing and select one or more that interest you! (These listings may change slightly as the volunteer plan is finalized). The link will be posted here as race day approaches.
Those with extensive medical experience and training and good fitness may contact Mountain Safety Director Joe Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about joining his crew.
- Volunteer check-in is July 3 from 5–8 p.m. at Seward High School.
- Volunteers may also check in on July 4 beginning at 8 a.m. at Race Headquarters (parking lot of the Flamingo Lounge, 208 Fourth Ave, Seward).
We appreciate your support of the Mount Marathon Race!