Here’s the SignUp Genius link for volunteering:
Volunteers play a critical role in the Mount Marathon Race. Each year, we recruit 300+ volunteers to fill positions. This year the duties will be on the evening of Tuesday July 6 and all day on Wednesday July 7.
Volunteer for …
- Course set-up and take down
- Racer check-in
- Bib pick-up
- Downtown traffic/vehicle control
- Downtown crowd control
- On-mountain recording of bib numbers
- On-mountain crowd control at halfway point and summit
- Trail Sweeping
- Finisher t-shirt and patch distribution
- And more
Things to Consider Before Choosing
- Are you racing too? When is your race scheduled this year?
- Are there specific jobs you’d prefer?
- Do you prefer an indoors job or outdoors?
- Are you willing and able to climb halfway or all the way up the mountain to do timing/crowd control?
How do I sign up?
Scan our SignUp Genius listing and select one or more that interest you! (These listings may change slightly as the volunteer plan is finalized). Here’s the link:
- Volunteer check-in is July 6 from 5–8 p.m. at Race Headquarters on the corner of 4th and Washington.
- Volunteers may also check in on July 7 beginning at 8 a.m. at Race Headquarters on the corner of 4th and Washington.
We appreciate your support of the Mount Marathon Race!