Registration for the 2022 Mount Marathon Race begins on March 1.
One of the main criteria for determining whether you need to register as a priority runner or for the lottery is the Top 50 Percent in Age Group Rule, which was adopted by the Mount Marathon Race Committee in early 2020 and is being implemented for 2022 with results from the 2021 race.
These PDF links show who placed in the the Top 50 Percent of their age group in 2021 (note other Priority Registration clauses and exceptions below).
You already have Priority Registration status if you are a:
- Previous overall winner of the men’s or women’s Mount Marathon Race.
- Top 10 age-group finisher from the previous year’s race.
- Skip-A-Year applicant from the previous year.
- 10 year status applicant (finished the race 10 or more times)
- Runner with an approved deferral from previous year.
- Finisher of the junior race the previous year who has aged into the adult race.
- One-year approved petitions are not eligible for priority status even if they finished in the top 50% of their age group.
- Earned race spots are not eligible for priority status even if they finished in the top 50% of their age group.