Mount Marathon First-time Racers (and junior parents) — please read this important information!
- CURRENT CONDITIONS – Recent rain in Seward has made the lower half of the mountain extremely slippery. Practicing the mountain in those conditions can be frustrating but is excellent training if race day is similar. Note that conditions can change daily or even hourly: it might be raining the night of July 3 and the course could still dry out by July 4, or vice-versa. The race will still be held rain or shine!
- COURSE RECON REQUIREMENT — The race is in 10 days! Just a reminder that first-timers must complete the ENTIRE course in training — and sign a statement at bib pickup that they have done so — before they can collect their bib on July 3. If the first-timer is a junior, a parent or guardian must sign the statement.
- SAFETY MEETING FOR FIRST-TIMERS — All first-timers must attend the safety meeting at 6:45 p.m. July 3 at the Seward High School gymnasium. First-time juniors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- COURSE KNOWLEDGE: Get prepared in person and by watching these short VIDEOS from the mountain and this excellent SAFETY VIDEO.
- NOT A ROOKIE?: If you received this message but are not a first-time racer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be classified correctly.
- LIVESTREAM and FINISH CAM — The races will be broadcast via Livestream, and there will also be a separate Finish Cam! Links available at our YouTube Channel HERE and www.mountmarathon.com … share with your family and friends!
Stay tuned for upcoming messages and best wishes for your final preparations!
The Mount Marathon Race Committee &
Matias Saari, Race Director