Please read the following important announcements.
1) SAFETY TOURS are scheduled at 12 p.m. on Saturday June 17 and June 24! They are a great way to learn how to negotiate the lower half of the mountain. Details here:
2) VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT is ongoing for spots in town and on the mountain! Please consider volunteering or having someone in your support crew do so. Sign up here:
3) We will LIVESTREAM BROADCAST the women’s and men’s race on YouTube Live and Facebook Live with additional cameras and personnel this year. Plus we’ll be running a separate Finish Cam for all 3 races!
Spread the word and check out our YouTube Channel HERE (with 2022 Livestreams) and Facebook page HERE
4) The PASTA FEED is returning to bib pickup on July 3! Details to come on MMR website. Proceeds benefit the Seward High School Athletic Booster Club.
5) COURSE INFO: The mountain is constantly changing; currently be aware of snow covering the creek that will rot out sooner than later! Do your homework in person and by watching these short VIDEOS from the mountain.
6) Remember, FIRST-TIME RACERS must complete the ENTIRE course in training before bib pickup and sign a statement they have done so.
Stay tuned for upcoming messages and best wishes for your training!
The Mount Marathon Race Committee &
Matias Saari, Race Director